Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Breakthrough of Sorts

After years of heartfelt talks with our daughter about online predators, after years of our daughter getting frustrated with our concern, after a year in a DARE program with a heavy curricular emphasis on the subject of internet risks, our daughter gets it.  What happened?  Why does it all make sense to her?  Because of an SNL skit her teacher showed in class.

I wish I could embed the video from YouTube, but NBC has pulled it.  So the best I can do is this poor copy.  Please be patient through the 30 second commercial in the beginning.  The skit is worth it.

Watch it here.

10 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

Well done!

Betty said...

Great teacher! To show that!

Mrs4444 said...

Hilariously creepy and educational. Thanks for sharing that; I sent it to my kids.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

excellent video and unfortunately too true.

Jan said...

Very well done and just creepy enough to get the point across. Thank you for sharing!

Michelle said...

Ahhh... this is why they pay the teachers the big bucks! One way or another... I'm glad the lesson sunk in!

And thanks for stopping by my BATW tour. It's been a busy week, so my apologies for taking so long to get back. It was almost overwhelming! Come back and visit again soon!

joanne said...

I'm impressed...glad there are still teachers out there like that. Sooo glad your daughter gets it now. Have a good Monday..;)

Big Hair Envy said...

You just never know what it will take to get through to the kids. What a great teacher:)

Dr.John said...

Aren't you glad your daughter had that teacher? Isn't it odd kids won't listen to parents but are moved by a comedy skit.
I'm thankful the internet wasn't when my kids were that age.

MsTypo said...

As long as its the right lesson - take it where you can find it! Many of my greatest paranoid fears were born thanks to the tv. (I mean that in a good way, of course.) :p