The men in this home went away all week-end long to recharge their testosterone by doing things like ice fishing, playing ice hockey, telling ghost stories, and other Cub Scout stuff.
My daughter and I gratefully stayed home. But what to do to make our week-end special? How could we celebrate us?
1. A quick stop at the library to get the last book in the Clique series. My girl later won my heart by telling me that the girls in the series made a lot of bad decisions.
2. A stop to buy a cherry pie. Yes, one for each of us. Yes, they were both gone by Sunday.
3. Dinner at Olive Garden and entertainment by a flirty waiter who was undertipped by me.
4. Attendance at the Detroit Kennel Club dog show where we met a couple of thousand perfectly behaved dogs and I fell in love with a Bernese Mountain dog.
I didn't get to bring him home, but my daughter did win a gift card by throwing some bean bags through some targets.
5. A little shopping.
6. Dinner at Max and Erma's. While eating, my daughter thought she saw our long-lost precious friend. She wasn't sure, however, so she surreptitiously took this picture which we then studied throughout our dinner. Finally, we decided it was indeed our long-lost precious friend and we had a lovely reunion.
7. Breakfast at Biggby coffee AND Big Apple Bagels.
8. An inability for mother or daughter to button their pants on Monday morning.
It was perfect!