Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Girls' Week-end

The men in this home went away all week-end long to recharge their testosterone by doing things like ice fishing, playing ice hockey, telling ghost stories, and other Cub Scout stuff.

My daughter and I gratefully stayed home.  But what to do to make our week-end special?  How could we celebrate us?

1.  A quick stop at the library to get the last book in the Clique series.  My girl later won my heart by telling me that the girls in the series made a lot of bad decisions.

2.  A stop to buy a cherry pie.  Yes, one for each of us.  Yes, they were both gone by Sunday.


3.  Dinner at Olive Garden and entertainment by a flirty waiter who was undertipped by me.

4. Attendance at the Detroit Kennel Club dog show where we met a couple of thousand perfectly behaved dogs and I fell in love with a Bernese Mountain dog. 

I didn't get to bring him home, but my daughter did win a gift card by throwing some bean bags through some targets.


5.  A little shopping.


6.  Dinner at Max and Erma's.  While eating, my daughter thought she saw our long-lost precious friend.  She wasn't sure, however, so she surreptitiously took this picture which we then studied throughout our dinner.  Finally, we decided it was indeed our long-lost precious friend and we had a lovely reunion.


7.  Breakfast at Biggby coffee AND Big Apple Bagels. 

8.  An inability for mother or daughter to button their pants on Monday morning.

It was perfect!

15 comments:

Mental P Mama said...

That is, indeed, a perfect weekend;)

Living on the Spit said...

A better weekend would not be found anywhere!!!

You are a VERY cool Mom for shopping at Forever 21.

Coffee and bagels...yum

Long live mother/daughter weekends!!!

Betty said...

I love mother/daughter weekends! Haven´t had one in ages.
Sounds like you had a riot!

pam said...

I don't have a daughter to read with, eat with, shop with, drink coffee with, take spy photos with, go to dog shows with, and under tip with. But if I did, I suspect I would want one just like yours. I envy you.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

sounds perfectly wonderful to me! get one of those button extenders or better yet break out hte sweat pants LOL... A WHOLE CHERRY PIE EACH!!! wow!

Checkered said...

Hmmmm... And I ate funny colored hot dogs and Doritos. Perhaps you should go to camp next year.

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

Those are THE BEST kinds of weekends! Wahoo for cherry pie! =)

jojo said...

perfect indeed...now excuse me while I go and call my daughter j)

LadiesoftheHouse said...

FUN!! What a neat momma you are.

pssst...just between you and me...your pie? Stiffler's mom? LOL

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

OK you get mom of the year award!

Can I go next time??

Sue said...

That sounds like such a great weekend! I think taking the spy picture, discussing it and then talking to your old friend is hysterical!!!

Jeannelle said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend of mother/daughter bonding. Actually, I don't care for pie, but the Bernese Mountain dog is gorgeous....I've never heard of that breed before. Your daughter is lovely, too!

Louise said...

Sounds like you guys had a good testosterone-free weelend together. I can't wait for my daughter to be old enough for this kind of thing (god-willing).

Mrs4444 said...

I'm happy for you both; that you would love each other's company. What a treasure, huh?

Sandra said...

A great bonding story! I really enjoy your blog. I'm glad I found you.