It's Tuesday and I'm brimming with trivia!!! Bring on the laundry facts:
• Men throw in a few loads now and then, but women do 88 percent of the
• In a typical household, more than 6,000 articles of clothing are machine-washed each year. The average wash load
at home contains 16 items.
• People in the southern part of the U.S. wash the most often while those on the East Coast wash the least.
• 50 percent of all loads are washed in warm water, 35 percent in cold, and 15 percent in hot.
• Consumers have an average of eight laundry products in the laundry room: three types of detergent, one regular sodium hypochlorite bleach, one oxygen color-safe bleach, two fabric softeners (a liquid and dryer sheets), and one stain remover.
• People in the East are most likely to use bleach (what are you all bleaching if your stuff is at the dry cleaners??).
SOURCE: Soap and Detergent Association
And lastly, I don't really know what people's laundry habits are regionally, but I know what my neighbor does with his. At first I thought they were ghosts.