1. My Boy Scout continues his project of identifying eight different species of birds "in the field." We are stuck with the same seven:
White Crowned Sparrow
Perhaps our trip to Grandpa and Grandma's house this week-end will produce that final #8.
2. Another merit badge he is working on requires him to peacefully co-exist with a group of five chores. I was delighted with that requirement until I realized he already does those chores. Maybe the difference will be that he will now do them without being prompted.
3. I signed my kids up to bowl for free this summer. Each child gets two free games every.single.day ALL SUMMER!
4. My daughter continues her planning for a trip with her youth group to NYC. The organized fund-raising has just begun and the trip is in one month. She is now looking to sell things she owns to finance the trip. I'm thrilled she will get to take the trip, but I am highly frustrated with some other aspects of the trip.
5. On a happy church note, we have marvelous new youth pastors! What a gift from the Lord :)
6. Checkered and I leave for Texas at some point in the very near future. A stop in Dallas to see his sister. A stop in El Paso to see mine. We plan to go via New Mexico to see the White Sands National Monument. What else do we need to see during our whirlwind trip? Please be my travel planner. Please? Please? Please?
7. The firewall at Checkered's work has changed and he is no longer able to comment on this blog. Graciously, I've offered to edit and post his comments. He has, thus far, declined my offer.
8. I love to wash clothing. I don't mind switching it to the dryer. I manage to get it out of the dryer and folded, but that's where it stops. My hallway is lined with about 17 baskets of clean laundry now.
9. Check out Wendy's sunglass and cell phone charms. Wendy is my IRL blogging friend and she's got some serious smarts and a whole lot of creativity to match the smarts.
10. While Wendy was starting a business, I have been reading Nevada Barr's latest Anna Pigeon novel. The plot twists are completely improbable, yet I can't stop reading. And Anna Pigeon? I love her.
11. Just finished the second book in Nancy Turner's "Sarah Agnes Prine" trilogy. Do I have enough tears left to read the last book?
12. I'm not sure what people have against Google, but I still prefer it to Bing.
13. I love small businesses. I admire entrepreneurship. But I do wish the owner of this truck would stop parking by the bakery door of the grocery store.