Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Just a Little Annoyed

I choose to be an optimist. Except today. I'm just feeling annoyed and am tired of excusing it away. So, in the spirit of feeling better, here is a list of things currently annoying me:

10. The man behind me in the grocery store who insisted on putting his groceries on the belt before I put mine up there.

9. The teen-ager in another car who was deeply upset that I didn't go through the yellow light at our local intersection.

8. I have to carefully watch my diet this week because my physical is on Friday.

7. Watching my diet all week will not make one bit of difference in any results.

6. Myself for thinking the man behind me at Walmart was trying to cut in front of me when he was really an employee trying to empty the returnable cans/bottles bins.

5. My dog loving to swim in her wading pool AFTER she pees in it.

4. My broken dishwasher whose job it was to teach my children to hand wash dishes, yet the dirty dishes silently stack themselves on the counter every.single.day.

3. My inability to create clever little blog graphics like so many of you do.

2. The followers list I removed from my blog so I wouldn't feel a slave to it; nevertheless, I wonder what would happen if I re-posted it.

1. Mosquitoes. Fruit flies. Great black wasps.

0. The customers at the local cigarette shop who ALWAYS park in the fire lane thus impeding traffic for everyone else driving by.

Thank-you for listening. I'm done....for today.

13 comments:

I Am Woody said...

When we lived in West Palm Beach, I learned the yellow light lesson. If you stop on a yellow light or even before 4-5 cars go thru the newly changed red light, you will get rear-ended.

Betty W said...

Good list! Nr. 2 is for me too! I want to have the pressure of getting more followers, but still i wonder....whatever! Moving on! :)

betty said...

I love the ones about your diet and your upcoming physical; been there done that; like how can I lose 15 pounds in 3 days??

also hear you about #2 with the followers list; I removed mine months ago; people can still follow your blog but you aren't constantly reminded how many and feel obligated to follow them back

hoping today is a good one for you :)

betty

Checkered said...

Well, see. We are so alike. I floss for the first time the night before my check ups. I think the hygenist is on to me though. Those puffy gums and all.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I hope you feel better gettin that off your chest.
I dont like Mosquitoes or Fruit flies either.
<><

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love this. Even when you are annoyed, you make me smile!!!!

MoMo 2.0 said...

I hate to benefit from your awful day....but I admit, I did giggle just a little!

hope it gets better!

joanne said...

We think alike! Hope you feel less annoyed real soon..;p

Tipper said...

Awe everybody needs to vent every once in a while ; )

Lawyer Mom said...

I'm groovin' to your new look! Except for the broken dishwasher (our refrigerator broke, instead) I'm with you on all points.

claudia said...

My girls had to endure life without a dishwasher until we moved to this house. Then they got into a fight about how to load the damned thing and broke it! So...back to hand washing...I never fixed it. I hear ya on all the other points too.
I hope your day got better and that tomorrow is even better than that!

Reddirt Woman said...

Shoot, at least you know how to get your blog decorated. I haven't figured out how to do that yet.

Helen

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

I hope tomorrow is better for you!