And Sara? She's just a smarty, so I'm sure she'll be tolerant of me.
1. Sometimes procrastination pays off. I needed to cancel two doctor appointments this week but forgot and then it was too late to cancel, BUT then the first doctor called to reschedule because she was sick!! THEN I was called and told the second doctor was quitting and we would get to work with a new doctor some time in November. I very calmly agreed to all their schedule changes.
2. This Goethe quote makes me think of blogging...and maybe Facebook:
To know someone here or there with whom you can feel
there is understanding, in spite of distances or thoughts
expressed, can make of this earth a garden.
3. Introverted students prefer quiet study environments. Extroverted students prefer loud study environments.
4. Introverted students adjust to online class settings better than extroverted students do.
5. I am an okay cook and maybe I'll post two recipes I tried. Next week. Here, however, is one for Weight Watchers Pumpkin Soup.
29 oz canned pumpkin
1 Tbs butter
1/2 cup chopped onions
3 Tbs water
14 oz chicken broth
1.5 Tbs Splenda brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 Tbs white Splenda
1 tsp nutmeg
1 Tbs roman cheese for garnish
*Cook onions in butter until soft.
*add pumpkin and chicken broth; stir well
*stir in all remaining ingredients except cheese; stir, stir, stir!
*You may add water or skim milk to this the soup
2 points, adequate taste, lots of intestinal bubbles afterward (just perfect for attending #9)
6. Sometimes it's worth the extra $10 to find a costume that an anxious child feels comfortable in.
7. Walmart won't take costumes back after Halloween.
8. I need to buy Woody's cute exercise machine. Checkered????
9. The choirs at my daughter's high school are amazing!
10. We need a new video camera.
11. If one is in the hot tub on a dark, rainy night and there is no other person in the backyard with said person and the dog begins to chase an animal around the yard, said person yelling for Checkered won't even help if he's not home.