Wednesday, March 3, 2010

In the Land of Caution!!

After the flu, asthma, strep, and pneumonia fairies did what they needed to do in January and finally left my house, I barred the front door and got proactive in my cleaning. I disinfected every surface and child I could find even if they didn't belong to this house or family. I washed every piece of fabric which might have come in contact with a germ. And finally, when my job was almost done, and just before the doctors' bills arrived, I remembered the germy toothbrushes. No need to get new ones when I could just disinfect the old!

Ah ha!

I was clever!!

I was frugal!!!

I was a great mom!!!!

As a result, my children haven't been sick since I boiled and boiled and boiled those soft plastic brushes and I think we owe the good health to this:
and this:

and this:

14 comments:

I Am Woody said...

At least they provide a good morning giggle:)

Writing Without Periods! said...

How funny. I totally live in the land of caution. Electric toothbrush here I come....
Mary

JennyMac said...

our dentist told us you can also drop the bristles in listerine for a few minutes to kill all the bacteria!

Busy Bee Suz said...

You are such a nut!!!!
I clean ours weekly in hydrogen peroxide. But new ones come home about every 6 mo.

Matty said...

I've heard of feeding frenzies, but cleaning frenzies? LOL

I don't mind cleaning at all, but as for me, I would have just bought new toothbrushes and be done with it.

Dang that cold bug!

Anonymous said...

Boiling toothbrushes? Why not - if it works.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Asthma, strep and pneumonia, OH MY!

You're boiling toothbrushes and my daughter and I just discussed the fact that the fleece sheets she got for Christmas from my mother were, um, a Christmas present and
I've not washed them. At all. Since Christmas.

Signed,
Swimming in Bubonic Plague Germs and Fending Off Dust Mites Like a Lion Tamer with Chair and Whip.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Ha ha, I thought I was the only loony who boiled toothbrushes!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

i soak ours in listerine... it kills every bug that thinks of coming around our tooth brushes... and yes i do cleaning frenzies!

kim-d said...

BWAHAHAHA...oh Lisa! If we were to ever get together in person...which is something I would truly love to do...the rest of the world just would not be safe!

I just can't help but look at those toothbrushes and think that your frugality has helped stave off germs, but now you're all gonna suffer from gingivitis as a result of faulty toothbrushes.

BWAHAHAHA! You rock! :)

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Gosh I'm such slacker. I dont do that. Could be why we have not been sick this year. The germs are being killed by the tooth brushes. I better shut up before I jinx us!
<><

Karen Deborah said...

OK the dollar store sells tooth brushes 4 for a dollar. And they are not bad at all. Keep cleaning...

Lawyer Mom said...

Those poor tooth-brushes look like they did some counter scrubbing, too.

Mrs4444 said...

Do you still have them? You can make bracelets!! :)