Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Sing Off



We're making history here. Our entire family is following a t.v. show together. Such is the pull of The Sing Off. With almost every group, I have to remind myself that the music I'm hearing is not instrumental. How can those a cappella singers produce all that percussion and even a saxophone or two in addition to those incredible harmonies?

But please tell me this. Why is Jerry Lawson and his group still on the show? The judges have critiqued every other VERY talented group, but offer nothing to Lawson's group but praise - even when they sing every song the same way.

So where's my money? I like Committed (the Alabama group who learned to sing in church) and my daughter likes Street Corner Symphony (the Nashville guys.) Poor Checkered. His favorite, Groove for Thought, is now history.
Okay, I'm listening now. Who is going to win?


6 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

Committed & the Nashville guys are my favorite!!!!!!! I loved "Creep" that the Nashville guys *Southern something* did the other night!! Awesome!

Cranberry Morning said...

Now it's confirmed: I DO live on another planet. I've never heard of this. But I'll have to check it out. :-)

Busy Bee Suz said...

I haven't watched this...apparently I have missed the boat on something good that I can criticize????

I Am Woody said...

I am proud to say that I have no idea what you are talking about:)

betty said...

I'm clueless too with the program, but it sounds like a fun one to have all involved with!

betty

Blogger Broadcast said...

Thanks for stopping by, and the brief introduction of the Sing Off, I wanted to watch that show, but have forgotten about it.