Friday, December 5, 2008

Mothers and Daughters: The Missing Logic Saga Continues

While mother and teen-age daughter drive to school, the following conversation evolves:

Daughter: Fritzie (her brother) sure takes a long shower now.
Mother: Yes. He nicely drains the hot water tank every morning.
Daughter: I mean, I didn't even get to go to the bathroom today because he was in there so long.
Mother: You didn't go to the bathroom this morning?
Daughter: It's okay. I'll just go at school. It's like all Fritzie's fault.
Mother: But we have two bathrooms. Why didn't you use the other one?
Daughter: He was in the shower forever!
Mother: But what about the other bathroom?!
Daughter: It's okay. I'll just try to find time to go at school, but it's not like I'll have enough time. I really have to go though.
Mother: But ...
Daughter: Why are you making such a big deal out of this? Just tell Fritzie it's his fault and he can't take such long showers anymore!

9 comments:

Pleasing Procrasinator said...

Oh, their logic.
You know IT'S Fritzie's fault..Haha!!

I love these conversations. Good to know I am not the only one having them.

Pancake said...

Blaming others.... and so it begins

Ashley said...

Other bathroom? That would be too easy. Brother's fault makes much more sense in the mind of a teenage girl! Haha! :)

Laura ~Peach~ said...

HA HA HA you would not believe the change in Martha and HER bathroom now that cory has officially moved out... she does not even want him or stephanie to USE her bathroom when they are here.... teen GIRLS! sigh!

Anonymous said...

You are like Charlie Brown's teacher--your daughter talks and all she hears from you is wahwahwahwahwahwahwahwah.

Good--I am glad to know our house is not the only one that operates that way.

Now to go get my 11 year old out of the shower so there will be enough hot water left for me to take one.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you weren't listening to the congressional inquisition of the auto makers?

Mental P Mama said...

I have one of those daughters. And those boys and their long showers? No stopping that;)

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Of course it is the brother's fault!!!! Why use the "other" bathroom when you can get your brother in trouble!

MsTypo said...

This sounds like a familiar arguement. LOL Of course, had it been me I would have used the other washroom and flushed thus taking away all HIS hot water. :p But i'm evil that way. LOL