It's Friday, so away we go with Friday's Freewrite and Friday Fragments.
1. A long time ago in a galaxy far away, we had some acquaintances over for dinner. It was a nice evening, but they never spoke to us again really after that night. A while later, my sibling and the acquaintance both relocated to the same town. The acquaintance was wonderful about helping my sister get settled, so as a thank-you my sister had the acquaintance over for dinner. You guessed it: they've never spoken again.
2. I have marvelous next door neighbors. Low maintenance, generous, kind. We've been neighbors for a decade and they've each been inside my house one time. I don't think I've ever been farther than their front doors. Funny the boundaries that keep us as good neighbors, I guess.
3. When we bought this house, we wanted certain features which would someday accommodate our kids' friends and youth group activities. Now that our daughter is in the youth group at church, I can think of many reasons why I've never hosted an activity here.
4. I'm thinking it was a man who built all these houses in the 70's and 80's with a bathroom right off the kitchen or living room. Some things really do need to remain private.
5. My nephew never once complained to us about being forced to give his bedroom to us while we visited. Thanks, J, for your willingness to sleep on the living room floor.
6. I am having two friends over today for lunch. In a stroke of hostessing brilliance, I made certain they both share a first name. This way there will be no awkward silences as all I have to do is say, "What do you think of that, Jill?" and suddenly two people will be speaking at once.
P.S. They're coming at noon and I have no idea what I'm serving for lunch... I wonder if this is somehow related to item #1??