Friday, February 11, 2011

FF: There's always someone crazier

This has been a LONG week full of craziness in our area, and although it's Friday, I suspect that some of that insanity may well continue through the week-end. So what's got my dander up?? I'll tell you!

~I am fed up with the parent at my children's school who careens into the parking lot each day and then lays on her horn in an attempt to get other drivers who are already parked to move their cars so she can more easily park.

~I am fed up with students who bombard me with email the very same day essays are turned in. No, I will not have 60 multi-page essays graded the same day they are submitted.
Okay, the fed up section is over. Now it's on to the confusion section.

~I am confused at the national surveys which determined this week that I do NOT live in one of the ten saddest cities, but that I DO live in the angriest city.

~Did you hear about the woman who tried to express mail a puppy? When the post office workers saw the box moving on its own, they got suspicious. The woman was tracked down and fined. She then tried to get her $20 shipped expense refunded.

~Then there's the Michigan driver who was driving while intoxicated. The driver called 911 to have someone to chat with and keep her company during her drive home. The dispatcher asked the driver if she was intoxicated, and the driver answered, "Absolutely!"

~Did you know that people are actually contributing money to a fund so that a statue of RoboCop can be built in Detroit? What could possibly be of more cultural value than that?

~Before you look at this picture of a bus from our school district, understand that the bus WAS legally stopped far enough back from what is a confusing train crossing. Now look at that crossing bar ON TOP of the bus. Kind of alarming, isn't is?

And finally we move to the most unsettling section:
~I was tying my child's shoe this week when he said, "Mommy, you have a whitehead." Cursing perimenopause, I dropped his laces and rushed to the mirror wondering how best to treat the acne he had noticed. What?? No blemishes anywhere on my face. But on my head? Lots of hair in need of a good color.
Some days I just can't win.
If you are sufficiently unsettled, head over the visit Mrs. 4444's. You'll find other fragmenters of similar ilk.

Mommy's Idea

11 comments:

imbeingheldhostage said...

Yay for whiteheads!! We're a free-er bunch, those of us who are picketing dye... not sold, huh?
What is it with this winter, it seems all of us are having crazier (or more confusing) weeks. Isn't this the time of year when we are all supposed to slug around being philosophical?
Have a great and restful weekend, Caution.

Laura~peach~ said...

yeah what you said LOL

Mel Fraase said...

I think I say what the H@## is wrong with people at least once a day... probably more.

The puppy lady? Some people are freaking clueless.
The drunk driver? YEAH! Own it!
The RR crossing? Yikes!!

Kristin - The Goat said...

The woman and the puppy - she is also asking to get the puppy back! right.

Some people are honkers and when they do that I have this urge to use my middle finger. I don't ever use that gesture, but it's almost uncontrollable when I hear someone honking in situations like that!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Yep, the world is full of crazy people. Much crazier than us....
a white head? LOL!!!!!

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Oh, the humanity of the white head.

Also glancing down at your earlier post, I LOVED the Black Eyed Peas at the Super Bowl halftime. It was the main reason I even watched at all. Well, that and an excuse to sit in front of the TV gorging like nobody's fool on snack foods.

joanne said...

menopause is full of so many wonderful surprises eh?
Have a nice, restful, quiet weekend.

Cyndy Bush said...

I'm totally blown away by the drunk driver calling 911. Just....wow!
I would be fed up with that parent, too!

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Unfortunately, at another school in our district, a dad careened into a tree, killing himself, though his child was unharmed (physically, anyway), while pulling carpool antics, so the parents are keeping themselves in line.

I'm friends with someone who works for the company that shipped the man who shipped himself to his parents pre 9-11... that story is amazing when you here it told by someone who can explain how many ways it should have gone wrong!

Some people! :) Oh and I'm amazed by all the 'white heads" that have shown up since I started back to work this fall!

Mental P Mama said...

LOLOLOL. White. Head. My daughter once asked me why I wanted my hair to look like a skunk. Um, yeah. Oh, and that lady in #1? She must be a Connecticut transplant.

Anti-Supermom said...

You know I'm saying 'what's wrong with people' all.the.time!

LOL!