Monday, February 28, 2011

Putting a ban on the kitchen

This is a little souvenir from the time I accidentally turned on the burner that the loaf of bread was on. Now I'm thinking that the melted plastic actually makes the burner look a little cleaner.

This is a little memento from the time I assured my son that he absolutely WAS old enough to take something out of the oven.

If it's true that with three strikes I'll be out, I guess I should stay away from the kitchen for a while.
Just giving everyone fair notice.


Cranberry Morning said...

Like the new look! :-)

It does look like your son burned his hand on the upper element, trying to steer clear of the rack below. Life in the kitchen is dangerous! My biggest problem is a dog who likes to lie right in front of the oven.

Laura~peach~ said...

no no no its like riding a bike you fall off you must get back on and try again!

Busy Bee Suz said...

It looks as though I am NOT old enough to take stuff out of the oven still...I always burn my hands!

Kristin - The Goat said...

One of the memoriable funnies in our kitchen was the day we melted the oscillating fan that was sitting on a burner because it was the only place to put the fan in the kitchen. When the fan melting was discovered a friend grabbed it and made giant plastic strings that stretched across the kitchen. Too bad for the fan and the burner, but we belly laughed for a long time.

Mental P Mama said...