Thursday, March 31, 2011

Slightly bothered by guilt

I own a tree. A little Pine tree that is housed in a very nice travel coffee mug. (Oh, how I love travel mugs!) A little Pine tree that was a gift from the local car dealership that fixed the results of our recent icy-road encounter with another car. My sweet husband loves this body shop and says he has never worked with such superior customer service. And better still: they're GREEN! They heat their building with reclaimed motor oil and the energy that comes out of their machines! They use only water-based paints!! And they're soon installing wind turbines and solar panels!!!


Lovelylovelylovely in every way.


So now I have this little thank-you token.


Just between us? I despise Pine trees. There are three in the corner of my yard and I've been threatening to cut them down for eleven years. They just look so unkempt.


I really have thought about planting this new little life - on someone else's property. It's a cute baby, so I can't just throw it away, you know.


Maybe I'll sneak over to a patch of woods near my work tomorrow and if no one reports me for suspicious activity, I'll plant it there.

I DO love nature.

I DO love companies who work green.

I DO love most trees.

And I do really, really want to be able to use that travel mug.

9 comments:

Laura~peach~ said...

GIGGLES...i would plant it... far from the house preferably on someone elses property... we have two that are going ... soon i hope. they have been needing to go for years... they are about 75 ft tall or more and very bad for the roof and of course are super close to the house...there used to be three... but... :) no guilt NO guilt no GUILT! use that cup!

Laura~peach~ said...

ps there are about 15 on our property that need to go but the TWO are close. harump LOL

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love that place too....awesome for them...awesome for our planet.
Go plant the tree...who is gonna stop you?

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Be Green...pass the little tree on to someone. It'll make a nice gift!
<><

Unknown said...

It's time to plant it in a bigger sippy cup!

Checkered.loves.Caution said...

I love the word "unkempt." Sorry, I just do.

joanne said...

take the baby tree out of the cup and put it into a plant pot...now clean out the cup and drink out of it. Put the tree outside or gift it...there ya go!

Unknown said...

I can't believe I misplaced your blog! Thank Goodness I found it again you are the sunshine to my day today.
I am not a fan of pine trees either so I have no advice for you however gifting does sound like a good idea.

Mrs4444 said...

Too bad you don't live here; you could plant it in our woods :) So, did you get rid of it?