Thursday, July 3, 2008

I am So Sorry, but I've Been Thinking

*What should I think when someone says, "You really would love my hair stylist?"

*It feels great to wear a new hair do into a college class and have the students tell me it looks great. And, no, I don't think they're brown nosing at all.

*Why, in a time where so many churches think they must have an entirely contemporary service, do I long more than ever for tradition?

*If it makes me happy to have someone read my blog, but I know they only read it because I might mention them, is it real happiness?

*If you think the gas prices haven't impacted us, look here.
Checkered has driven for 15 years. Now he is riding a non-motorized scooter.
Just kidding! (He would be healthier if he did drive a scooter 80 miles every day, but I wonder what time he would get to work)

*If someone invites my child over to play, I don't feel especially obligated to reciprocate. If they invite my child over 3817 times, I feel a bit more obligated. If they invite all 764 of my kids over at once, should I worry about what to serve when I am obligated to invite their kids to live with us permanently?

*And lastly, is it really time to take down the Valentine's Day decorations already? What about the Christmas wreath?

No comments: