Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Don't Even Listen to Us. Part 2

After returning home from our disastrous, "We're not buying any pictures" trip, Checkered went to his favorite hobby - putzing and cleaning something outside. I returned to my favorite hobby - dog shopping via PetFinder.

Once again I inquired about various dogs I thought we might like to buy only to be told the dog had already been sold. I reassured my children that we shouldn't worry. We WOULD get the right dog, but it would involve waiting. It had to be at least half Lab and of a certain age, and so on.

But there was an adoption thing going on at PetSmart and so we looked online at the dogs listed. We were not interested in a single one. Not a one. So why go over there?

Then our daughter found a dog she liked at the big city Humane Society. Not one bit influenced by the Animal Cops shows filmed there and certain that dog was too big, we said,

"We are not going anywhere. Let's wait to find the right dog."
Within the half hour we were at PetSmart and Checkered was in love with this guy:
The dog was part Lab (good) and part GREAT DANE (Heaven help us.) I mean, Checkered suddenly thought Great Danes were lap dogs. The foster mom said it was a smart dog. The boys loved it. And we ....
...didn't buy it!
Gotcha, didn't I?
We walked out of PetSmart with four sad children and one sad dad.

We went home and that was that.

To be continued.

7 comments:

Aunt Julie said...

Oh, gosh! Those animals tug at my heartstrings, both the dogs and the cats! I was in PetSmart just the other day, eyeing the adoption critters. Moker wouldn't be a very happy camper, though, since we've already got a houseful! BTW, thanks so much for dropping by to learn about the Wonders of Wisconsin! Isn't BATW great?

Mental P Mama said...

Oh dear. I bet you went back. We adopted our Dora on petfinder.com. great way to get a needy pet...

Laura ~Peach~ said...

go back and get your puppy already!!!!!!!!!!! how on earth could you bring home 4 sad kids and one sad dad... sigh ...

Big Hair Envy said...

You are a STRONG woman!! Way to hold your ground. When are you going back to pick him up??? heehee!

Renaissance Woman said...

Oh sad...I thought you were going to tell us all about life with a new puppy! I look for doggies on Craigslist but am now on a few rescue sites as well. Maybe will will get new puppies at the same time.

Beth said...

hMMM...
I see this picture.
I read "to be continued."
You. Got. That. Dog.

Did you??!! Am I right?

Pleasing Procrasinator said...

Are you going back to get him/her this weekend?