It's Tuesday and I'm brimming with trivia!!! Bring on the laundry facts:
• Men throw in a few loads now and then, but women do 88 percent of the
• In a typical household, more than 6,000 articles of clothing are machine-washed each year. The average wash load
at home contains 16 items.
• People in the southern part of the U.S. wash the most often while those on the East Coast wash the least.
• 50 percent of all loads are washed in warm water, 35 percent in cold, and 15 percent in hot.
• Consumers have an average of eight laundry products in the laundry room: three types of detergent, one regular sodium hypochlorite bleach, one oxygen color-safe bleach, two fabric softeners (a liquid and dryer sheets), and one stain remover.
• People in the East are most likely to use bleach (what are you all bleaching if your stuff is at the dry cleaners??).
SOURCE: Soap and Detergent Association
And lastly, I don't really know what people's laundry habits are regionally, but I know what my neighbor does with his. At first I thought they were ghosts.
I must just be some kind of freak - I wash everything in cold (except whites), I only have 4 products and I put way more than 16 items in!
Hmmmm......we'll trade freak for conservationist - sounds much better.
Interesting stuff.... Have a great day!
Very cute. In my house: 99.9% done by the female persuasion.
I think your neighbors house IS haunted.
I guess we're just dirtier people here on the East Coast. He He
One great comedian once said, "dry-clean only really means never been washed."
Let's see. Your neighbour is a single guy. And he likes grey or works for an appliance store.
Love those spooky shirts!
We never use bleach or other stuff. Just eco-friendly detergents (2) and one conditioner.
Who knew there was so much to know about laundry.
Your neighbor is weird. Won´t those white shirts gets spots from hanging under the tree? Because here the would....
I can see why your neighbor does that with his shirts; I hang up a lot of things to line dry instead of putting them in the dryer; but not outside since I don't have any clothesline out there, but I love the smell of air dried clothes outside, so fresh smelling
interesting laundry facts. 100% of our laundry done here by the womanfolk except son does his own laundry which is nice because he's way to picky on sorting clothes
When I used to hang out clothes I hung my shirts on hangers on the line. Then when you take them in they are ready to hang,no need to handle any more than you have to!
OK, thank you for the laugh with the ghosts. I needed that.
For what it's worth, I live in the South and the East. There must be a typo on the average number of items per load. Instead of 16 it should be 66, at least according to my count.
Who are these people?? I mean, no one ever asked me to take part in a laundry poll...I could give them some REAL answers...;p
Post a Comment